I own a domain, dreyfus49.com, that is not the Department of Education’s. Principal Hill of IS 49 used it for her professional correspondence and even forwarded two years worth of private DOE email to it. According to the policy she checked off as agreeing to use the site, she agreed that the domain administrator would have access to her email and her data. That wasn’t my master plan when I created and paid for the site back in 2009. It was to be a great communication hub for the school and that is exactly what it turned out to be (See 2011-2012 Quality Review). Then I raised concerns about school budget and other misconduct and they tried to shut me out of it.
On January 29, 2012, Principal Hill sent an email to the entire staff and she spoke negatively about me. She didn’t mention me by name, but admitted this during a federal deposition in April. At the very bottom of this email she added a brain teaser and the first five staff members to respond received Staff Stock, which can be redeemed later for parking passes. Keep in mind that I am Greek.
“Another brain teaser and a last attempt to earn more Staff Stock for this term’s parking permits: Do you know your Greek philosophers? Which one said the following? (Of course Staff Stock is awarded to the first 5 staff to respond)
“Those who have virtue always in their mouths, and neglect it in practice, are like a harp, which emits a sound pleasing to others, while itself is insensible of the music.”
I received many emails and calls about this, but nonetheless I replied with Diogenes, the author of the quote.
Look at the responses below I found. Does she have a problem counting or a problem with with me? The next day my perfect record was tainted with the first three of over 25 allegations and first two of three disciplinary letters.
Nice. That’s what we want in an educational leader…integrity and unbiased decision making.
More emails on the way…
Sneaky on my part? As DOE attorney Kerri Crawson stated once: “Information is Portelos’ weapon of choice“. She is right and the information is scary and of public concern and therefore of great concern to the DOE. Hence why I type this from a Rubber Room cubicle 20 miles and 404 days from school.
From Google Policy:
- With domain administratorsIf your Google Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Google Apps users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Google Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
Speaking of Diogenes, I like this quote from him:
“As a matter of self-preservation, a man needs good friends or ardent enemies, for the former instruct him and the latter take him to task.” True!